Jack O’Lantern Resort has most of the White Mountains’ and New Englands’ best attractions located within a few minutes drive. Our area map reveals a sample of the variety of family entertainment from water slides to live bear shows, from caves and subterranean walkways to aerial tramways, and the great natural wonders of the Flume, Basin and Franconia Notch just seven miles north. Or take a ride on the Hobo Railroad or Cafe Lafayette Dinner Train which pass right by the resort during their scenic trip – and some great outlet shopping in the area, too.
Hiking is very popular with our guests. Relatively short, but rewarding treks around our property are sufficient for some.
For greater challenges, there is a mecca of maintained trails
for all levels of experience, within a short driving distance, that are great for winter skiing and snowmobiling which
will provide some lasting family memories.
Explore Our Area Attractions
- Attitash Bear Peak is a whole mountain of family fun.
- Enjoy dinner aboard the Cafe Lafayette Dinner Train.
- Cannon Aerial Tramway: spectacular views and rides.
- Clark’s Trading Post trained bears, antique Americana and steam trains are all part of the scene.
- At Conway Scenic Railroad experience nostalgic roundtrip train rides of varying duration through
the scenic countryside.
- The Flume Gorge is one of Franconia Notch’s geological wonders.
- Heritage-New Hampshire is a walk through adventure spanning 350 years of New Hampshire’s happenings and events.
- Hobo Railroad – all aboard for a 15 mile, 1hr and 20 min, round trip train excursion.
- Loon Mountain is one of New England’s major attractions year-round.
- Tour Lost River Gorge!
- On the M/S Mount Washington cruise Lake Winnipesaukee, the most beautiful scenic cruise in
- The Washington Auto Road offers travelers an exciting way to explore the remarkable world
- The Washington Cog Railway -the world’s first mountain-climbing railway.
- Since 1922, Polar Caves Park has provided quality outdoor recreation for thousands of visitors
from around the world.
- Generations have enjoyed a “New England family tradition” at Santa’s Village.
- Story Land -its where smiles, adventure and memories are waiting to happen around every corner.
- At the Whale’s Tale get set to get wet.
- Alpine Adventures is New Hampshire’s premier outdoor adventure company
- Visit White Mountain Attractions for a more comprehensive look at our areas attractions.
- Planning a golf or family trip? Give us a call!